Young Leaders Program
Leadership & complimentary recreation opportunity for students!
What is the FunTeam Young Leaders Program?
The FunTeam Young Leaders Program began in 2014 to offer leadership opportunities for young leaders in our community. The main objectives of this program are:
- Empower youth to develop and utilize leadership skills.
- Offer complimentary programs promoting physical activity for younger children.
- Expand FunTeam involvement in new communities throughout Alberta.
- Offer financial assistance to school programs and young leaders for participating in the program.
What are the benefits of FYLP?
- Opportunity to operate positions of leadership with younger children while promoting physical activity.
- Chance to leave a legacy for your school/community.
- Successful completion of the program that follow our guidelines and meet our requirements will receive a up to $1,000 as an honorarium to enhance future programming at their school or organization. Young Leaders will receive personalized certificates and letters of recognition for their hard work and dedication.
- Every Young Leaders Program needs an adult Mentor Supervisor. They are responsible for working directly with the FunTeam Alberta office to make sure the necessary administrative work is completed and meets our expectations, monitor the Young Leaders and the participants during the sessions, and work with the school or organization so there is equipment, facilities, and the resources for a program to run smoothly.
- Young Leaders are a group of older kids that are willing to work with a younger group developing their leadership skills and promoting physical activity by organizing and running an 8 session (minimum) program for the younger group.
- The program must run for at least 4 weeks with the sessions planned at least once a week.
Want more information?
For more information on how to get started please give the FunTeam Young Leaders Program Package a read.