What does becoming a FunTeam member mean?
For starters, you are joining a community based FunTeam group that is backed by a Provincial Sport Organization that supports a fun first model to sport and recreation. It's right in the name FunTeam - sports should be fun! Best of all, anyone can participate on a FunTeam group - no tryouts necessary!
What other benefits are there for being a FunTeam participant?
- A playing environment that promotes equal playing time, skill development and
- Manageable time commitment, 1-2 times per week so families and participants can easily balance life outsde of sports.
- $10 membership fee covers you under our $5,000,000 General Liability coverage. More about that down below.
For a full breakdown of what you can expect of our programming click here!
Benefits as a FunTeam Group:
With a completed registration, your group can can be a recognized and sanctioned FunTeam Group.
- Full access to use our online registration system to complete group registration.
- Access to FunTeam exclusive Grants to assist with group operations and development.
- Each group that has complete registration receives a year end gift for all of their participants.
Click here to learn more about becoming a FunTeam group today!
Fun Team Alberta has a comprehensive insurance program underwritten by one of Canada’s leading insurers for Sport Associations, which provides coverage for the following association activities :
- related training activities and related approved travel.
This program includes $5,000,000 General Liability coverage for:
- The Association
- Registered Groups/Teams/Clubs
and specifically includes the following as additional Named Insureds:
All of the following is subject to being registered with FunTeam Alberta by completing the appropriate registration requierments for each demopgraphic.
Fun Team Alberta’s policy also includes Participant Coverage, which will protect the Association (and other Named Insureds) against claims brought by any organization participants (players, refs, etc.) who might be injured while participating and believe the organization was negligent and caused their injury.
It's important to also know what is NOT being covered by Fun Teams policy:
- Any property owned by any of the affiliate teams/groups.
- Theft/loss of any monies being held by any of the affiliate teams/groups.
- Any losses arising out of Cyber exposures including privacy breaches, hacking, extortion, etc
It is important to emphasize that FunTeam’s liability insurance is different from accident insurance. For example, if a registered member of FunTeam was accidentally tripped and injured during a FunTeam activity, our policy would not cover their medical expenses. However, if the injured individual was to take legal action against another player, the Group Leader, the FunTeam Group or our organization, our policy would provide liability protection.
What is General Liabilty Coverage?
General Liability Coverage is intended to provide protection against allegations of Bodily Injury or Property Damage made against any of the Named Insureds by 3rd parties resulting from FunTeam activities.
Other Features of the General Liability Policy:
For example: General Liability provides defense against claims regardless of merit, subject to any exclusions within the policy.
What are some examples of allegations that Liability coverage would protect against?
A spectator at an adjacent soccer field is struck by a ball, puck, etc and is injured and claims that they were hit by a FunTeam participant.
The facility that a a FunTeam Group just used for a practice/game claims that a FunTeam participant leaves a faucet running in a change room and causes a flood.
What happens if a claim/allegation is made against me, a FunTeam participant, or the FunTeam group?
First and foremost fill out our Incident Form. If possible get multiple accounts of what happened so that we have a clear picture of what happened.
Once you have submitted the incident form we will get our Insurance Broker involved in the process and take the appropriate steps to make sure that you are protected should further acton be taken.