With the announcement of the COVID related restrictions laid out by the Provincial Government, effective February 8th sports teams are ALLOWED to conduct practices with a maximum of 10 participants. How these can be conducted are as follows:
Children and youth will be allowed to participate in limited school and team sport activities.
- Lessons, practices and conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor, team-based, minor sports/activities and school athletics.
- Games are not allowed.
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
- 2-metres physical distance for outdoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training activity. Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.
For further information on the restrictions please click on the link - https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
FunTeam Alberta will continue to make decisions about our programming based on the guidelines and restrictions set out by AHS and the Provincial Government. We will work on providing more updates as they are needed but if you have any questions please let me know.
At this time the FunTeam Alberta office will still be CLOSED. We will continue to provide updates as they arise. Thank you everyone for your understanding.